POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unofficial.patches : Why & has higher precedence than + or - in isosurface functions? : Re: Why & has higher precedence than + or - in isosurface functions? Server Time
2 Sep 2024 00:18:50 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Why & has higher precedence than + or - in isosurface functions?
From: Peter Popov
Date: 31 Jul 2000 15:21:10
Message: <mj1bos4rmn9url4dp0shdmegjdron19h8b@4ax.com>
On 31 Jul 2000 09:03:01 -0400, Warp <war### [at] tagpovrayorg> wrote:

>  Is there a reason for the operator & having higher precedence than + or -
>in isosurface functions?

Well, for me & has always meant binary 'and' or binary multiplication.
As such I find it logical for it to have a higher precedence than
addition. Your mileage may vary but that largely depends on the
programming languages you're most comfortable with :)

Peter Popov ICQ : 15002700
Personal e-mail : pet### [at] usanet